WAMMCO International's Katanning Processing Plant is situated approximately 3 kilometres north of the Katanning town site on the Great Southern Highway (Wagin Road).
Employment opportunities currently exist in the following areas
- Skilled process workers for the slaughter floor and meat boning room, knife hands, packing staff, cleaners, stock hands and general labour
- Unskilled employees and trainees
The operational hours for the main sections of the plant are
- Boning Room – Monday to Thursday 6:30 am to 3:40 pm and 6:00 am to 12:30 pm on Fridays.
- Slaughter floor – Monday to Thursday 6:00 am to 3:10 pm and 6:00 am to 12:30 pm on Fridays.
Included in the span of hours are unpaid breaks totaling 70 minutes. Overtime is available on most weekdays with 6 hours on Saturdays.
All new employees are employed on a permanent basis, and commence accruing annual leave, sick and long service leave immediately.
New employees are trained on the job and may also be invited to undertake a certified Meat Industry Training Course, MINTRAC, which includes both on and off the job training and is co-ordinated by specialized trainers provided by the Australian College of Training.
The off the job training is a self-paced computer training program provided for all areas of meat processing and is a nationally certificated course. For those interested in pursuing a career in the meat industry, the modules build up from process worker to meat inspection and abattoir management.
Employees are classified and paid in accordance with their level of competency, training and skill. Adequate opportunity is available to all employees to increase their skill and classification levels. To ensure this, regular reviews are carried out. Earnings are attractive and competitive with other industries. Full details of rates of pay, employment conditions and obligations are set out in a Single Enterprise Agreement. Copies are available on request.
Employment opportunities also exist in the areas of Administration and Repairs and Maintenance.
The company supports responsible union membership and encourages employees to join their appropriate union. WAMMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in Applying?
All prospective employees are required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical examination and an induction session before commencing.
- Application for employment
- Application for employment - overseas applicants
- Pre-employment medical form
The Katanning Region
WAMMCO is the largest employer in the region.
Medical, dental and other social support networks are available.
The Katanning leisure center caters for many sporting and community activities. In addition a large range of out door sporting activities exist, such as cricket, football, pistol shooting, squash, lawn bowls and tennis.
More information required?
- Click here to visit the Shire of Katanning's website
- Click here to visit the Katanning Community website
A range of accommodation exists within Katanning.
- Sunbeam Caravan Park (ph 9821 2165)
- Federal Hotel (ph 9821 1010)
- Royal Exchange Hotel (9821 7550)
Units/Flats and houses are available for rent. Prices vary from $130- $300 per week. Real Estate Contacts include
- PL Bolto & Co (ph 9821 1566)
- Elders (ph 9821 3777)
- Ray White (ph 9821 4488)