The 2014/15 WAMMCO State Prime Lamb Carcase Competition is up and running and will remain open for lambs processed at Katanning until Friday 29th May 2015.
|Tom Grant (Beacon) with his 2013/14 WAMMCO
State Prime Lamb Carcase Competition Door Prize.
The prize was kindly donated by Gallagher Animal Management
and was a W610 weigh indicator.
This year we have introduced a new category – New Season Lamb. This is defined as a 2014 born, crossbred unshorn lamb that is processed by 12th December 2014. The competition continues its reputation as the largest and richest commercial carcase competition in Australia.
Over the past 11 years over 210,000 lambs have been evaluated and over $145,000 worth of cash and donated product have been distributed to the winning entrants.
- Open to WAMMCO members only
- A minimum of 100, 2014 born crossbred lambs per entry
- Entry fee is $50
- Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged
- Please identify competition lambs on your NVD
- Overall heavy weight (premium weight range 22.1-26kg)
- Trade weight (average consignment weight must be between 18.1 – 21kg)
- Large consignments of 300+ lambs
- Lambs from Merino ewes - traditional first cross lamb (Terminal sire over Merino dam)
- New Season lamb – unshorn and processed by 12th December 2014.
Entry forms can be downloaded here. They are also regularly printed in the Farm Weekly or are available from members of the WAMMCO Livestock team.
The 2014/15 WAMMCO State Prime Lamb Carcase Competition is supported by Farm Weekly, Primaries, Elders, Superior Livestock Services, NAB Agribusiness, Gallagher Animal Management, Zoetis, Milne Feeds and WAMMCO.